We trust this newsletter finds you well. Our latest antique stock release is here, featuring eco-friendly pieces and tips for reducing your carbon footprint. As part of our focus this week, we will discuss a topic dear to our hearts, sustainability in the antique industry.
Sustainability has become an increasingly pressing concern in recent years, and the antique industry is no exception. As collectors and lovers of antiques, we must recognize our hobby’s ecological impact and take proactive steps to minimise our footprint. From selecting eco-friendly materials and restoration methods to supporting local artisans, and recycling, many approaches can contribute to a sustainable future for our beloved industry. We anticipate the environmental trend to persist and gain prominence in the upcoming years. Here is a series of practical suggestions that can help you reduce your carbon footprint and environmental impact when acquiring antiques:
1. Choose items with a history: Antiques with a rich history or provenance have already proven their durability and longevity, eliminating the need for repeat productions. They can appreciate over time and provide economic stability for the buyer.
2. Consider energy-efficient features: If purchasing antique lighting or electrical appliances, consider energy-efficient models to minimize electricity consumption.
3. Repurpose and recycle: Consider repurposing antiques to give them a new life and keep them out of landfill. For example, a simple antique box that has been left empty can be transformed and converted into an elegant jewellery box.
4. Donations and use as heirlooms: If you wish to donate or pass on your antiques, consider selling or donating them to a trusted antique dealer, a local charity or a museum to ensure their continued use and value.
5. Buy with intention: When buying antiques, instead of making a snap decision, take the time to research your purchase and ensure you are making the right choice. Choose items that are timeless, quality-built, and that you will cherish for many years to come.
As part of our commitment to our clients, we strive to source and offer sustainable antique pieces to our clients.
Join us at The Decorative Antiques and Textiles Fair in Battersea, London, to discover a carefully curated selection of high-quality furniture and rare works of art. From May 10th to May 14th, our knowledgeable staff is at your service to help you select exquisite pieces to elevate your home or collection.
We are also delighted to invite you to the upcoming Petworth Park Antiques & Fine Art Fair, which is returning for its ninth edition on 19-21 May 2023. This prestigious event will be held at the National Trust property in the charming market town of Petworth, where it has successfully attracted thousands of visitors over the years.
F E A T U R E D S T O C K
|English Brass Bound Writing Box in Burr Walnut by Betjemann
Sarcophagus Sewing Box
by Lund of London
Goldsmiths Sterling Silver
Hip Flask with Original Leather Pouch
Silver & Tortoiseshell Tea Caddy by Saunders and Shepherd
Boulle Work Stationery Box by Leuchars & Sons Silver & Tortoiseshell Tea Caddy by Saunders and Shepherd
|We look forward to welcoming you to our showroom and helping you find the perfect piece to enhance your home or collection. Thank you for your continued patronage, and we hope to see you soon.
(By Appointment Only – Contact us via email to arrange this with us). We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
If you happen to see an item on our website, click the gold button which says BUY IT NOW and proceed with your purchase.
Alternatively, you can contact us by clicking on the ENQUIRE button and our team will be happy to assist you.
It is our pleasure to serve as your source for high-quality antiques. As a company, our top priority is to ensure your satisfaction, and we would appreciate your taking the time to leave us a Google review. Please provide us with your feedback so that we can improve our service and ensure that others are able to make informed decisions when considering purchasing from us. You are most welcome to contact us and we appreciate your support.
Search for ‘Mark Goodger Antiques’ and when you pull up our listing, scroll down to the review section and there will be a button to rate our services and write a review.
Complimentary tickets will be uploaded to our events page on our website once they become available. Please click on the banner for your chosen event below to access the event page on our website.