Garrard & CoThe company known as Garrard was founded by George Wikes. He set up business in Threadneedle Street, London 1722 and later moved to Panton Street in 1735. Garrards was known as a provider of jewellery and luxury items to aristocratic patrons. Robert Garrard became a partner in 1972 and ended up taking sole control in 1802 with his three sons. In 1843 Queens Victoria appointed Garrard the position of Crown Jewellers, which lead to the firm making numerous pieces os jewellery and silverware for the Royal Family. The position also included the upkeep of the Crown Jewels.