Hukin & HeathSilversmiths and electroplaters of Birmingham, established by Jonathan Wilson Hukin and John Thomas Heath, who registered London marks in 1879. When Hukin retired in 1881 the partnership continued with Heath and J. H. Middleton. The firm's association with Dr. Christopher Dresser began in 1877; the first registered design dates from 1878, and others were entered up to 1881. Dresser's designs were launched at the opening of the firm's showrooms in Charterhouse Street in August 1879. Some of Dresser’s metalwork designs are still in production today.