The wishlist name can't be left blank

Apothecary Box

SOLD

Category
Height
27 cm (10 3/4")
Width
29.5 cm (11 1/2")
Depth
19.5 cm (7 3/4")
Georgian Mahogany Apothecary Cabinet standing on bracket feet with bras swing carrying handle to the top, its fully fitted with medicine bottles, scales, weights and pestle& mortar.

The front of the cabinet has an engraved plaque that reads: 'Keating & Murley, chemists & druggists, 79 St.Pauls church yard, London.

This cabinet contains 19 glass bottles.

Some of the bottle labels read:

'PERFUMED HAIR OIL. J. S. KING, grocer, &c, WRANGLE.'

'SALT OF LEMONS poisonous-not to be taken. Perrott's Cash Pharmacy Ltd. Dispensing Chemists Martock and Crewkerne.'

'AGUE MIXTURE. Dose - One tablet-spoonful, three times a day. J.S. KING, Grocer, &c, WRANGLE'

The back of the cabinet has a secret poison compartment. To open the secret compartment first open the cabinet, then to the top right of the rear potion shelf there is a small brass hook, just behind the the right hinge. This small hook has to be pulled towards the front of the box. Once this is done the whole cabinet can be turned around and the top section can be slid to the left.

This Apothecary box does come with original contents some of which are liquid, you can be rest assured extra care will be taken to pack this so not to have any of its contents spilled in transit.
Height
27 cm (10 3/4")
Width
29.5 cm (11 1/2")
Depth
19.5 cm (7 3/4")
Year
c. 1810
Medium
Wood, Glass
Country
United Kingdom